1. He asked me _____ I would like a cup of tea.
A. that B. what C. if
2. Be quiet! The babies ________.
A. sleep B. are sleeping C. slept
3. Do you know ______ this word?
A. what to spell B. how to spell C. to spell
4. The students couldn't help ______ when they heard the joke.
A. to laugh B. laugh C. laughing
5. —— What day is today? —— It's ______.
A. Monday B. a fine day C. September 1st
6. If I ____ you tomorrow, I will give you the receipt.
A. see B. will see C. am seeing
7. Is the cat ________ the door? No, it isn’t. It’s ________ the desk.
A. behind, under B. in, on C. under, at D. over, behind
8. I’v got a toothache. I’m going to the__________.
A. park B. dentist C. teacher
9 ——May I _______ your bike? ——Sorry.
A. ride B. reading C. read
10. ——Whose ruler is it? ——Maybe it’s _______.
A. Peter B. Peters C. Mary’s
11. I want to find a good book. I’m going to the _______.
A. cinema B. library C. museum
12. ——_____ will you do? ——I’ll play football.
A. What B. When C. Where
13. —— I don't like milk. —— I don't, _________.
A. too B. neither C. either
14. I want to buy ________.
A. something eat B. something to eat C. anything to eat
15. —— I'm sorry I can't help you. —— ________.
A. Not at all. B. You are welcome. C. It doesn't matter.
16. Mrs. Sun is a friend of _______.
A. Mary's mother B. mother of Mary C. Mary 's mother's
17. There _____ two cups of tea on the table.
A. is B. are C. was
18. There are thirty pupils in our class. _____ of them are young pioneers
A. Any B. Either C. All
19 —— There isn't _____ water here. Could you get _____ for me? —— All right.
A. some, any B. any, any C. any, some