1.-How about the book you are reading ?
-Good , indeed . It ________many problems we have come across in our study.
A. says B. talks C. covers D. refers
2. Id like to take my picture ________stands a high tower.
A. where B. which C. that D. there
3. Id like to buy a house, modern and comfortable, and __________, in a quiet place.
A. afar all B. above all C. in all D. for all
4. -Youve got a good result in your research, havent you?
-Yes , but much ________ .
A. remains to do B. is remains to do C. remains to be done D. has remained to do it
5. -I must be leaving now. Itll be 3 hours drive to get there.
A. Good-bye B. Take care C. Take it easy D. What can I do for you
6. Nobody could have guessed , in those days , the place in history that Martin Luther King, Jr____.
A. was having B. was to have C. had had D. had
7. The queen will visit the town in May , ________ she will open the new hospital.
A. when B. then C. while D. but
8. Ill come , ________ I dont expect to enjoy myself.
A. if B. since C. as D. though
9. You _________in such a hurry just now. Look, there is plenty of time left.
A. dont have to do it B. neednt have done it
C. wouldnt do it D. mustnt have done it
10. _____________is one of the five working language at U.N. , which _______ are very proud of.
A. The Chinese, the Chinese B. Chinese language, Chinese
C. Chinese, the Chinese D. Chinese language, the Chinese
11. -Whats your problem ?
- I have lost sight of my mum and dad . I saw them ________ in front of me a moment ago.
A. were walking B. to have walker C. walk D. walking
12. Children are tired of learning often because they are __________to do more than they can.
A. expected B. suggested C. hoped D. wished
13. _________ concerts will be needed if we wanted to collect enough money to start a school.
A. Some other ten B. Another ten C. Other ten D. Ten others
14. The door burst open and ________ , shouting with anger.
A. in rushed the crowd B. rushed in the crowd
C. the crowd tin rushed D. in the crowd rushed
15. We carved their names on the stone so that younger generations could know what their forefathers ____ for the nation.
A. did B. were doing C. had don
e D. have been doingKeys:
1-10 CABCB BADBC