. Read this advertisement a hat Fidelily Emerging Markets.
. Choose the best word to fil1 each gap.
. For each question 21 -35 mark one letter A ,B,C or D on your Answer Sheet.
. One answer has been given as an example.
the dynamic developing economies of the world are ripe with potential. Not only have they ...example...extraordinary levels of ...21 ..., but we believe this looks set continue , backed by ...22 ...inflows of foreign investment. Fidelity Emerging Mark, Fund is ...23...to help you capitalize on this promising outlook.
the ...24...to real success in Emerging Markets is research and resources, of Fidelity's foremost ... 25 ... As the world's largest ... 26 ... investment management organization , we can draw upon a n ...27... network of offices covering developing economies across Asia ,Latin America and Europe.
This local presence means we can ... 28... a hands-on approach ,searching out a capitalizing on investment...29...as soon as they come to light. As a result, Fidelity I become one of the world's ... 30... names in emerging stockmarkets : where we ...31... manage 5pounds billion ?
So act now to ...32... out more about the Fidelity Emerging Markets Fund ---and get the potential of these dynamic markets teamed with the strength of the Fidelity organization. For more ...33 ... , call us , free of ...34 ..., from any of the countries below. If you... 35... elsewhere ,please use the UK number or post or fax the coupon.
A. denied B. climbed C. demonstrated D. mentioned
21. A. growth B. decrease C. height D. diminish
22. A. slow B. increasing C. reducing D. fast
23. A. thought B. designed C. considered D. supposed
24. A. road B. method C. reason D. key
25. A. words B. slogans C. ways D. strengths
26. A. independent B. wealthy C. prosperous D. national
27. A. intensive B. thick C. narrow D. extensive
28. A. move B. apply C. reply D. demand
29. A. situations B. disadvantages C. opportunities D. conditions
30. A. few B. many C. honourable D. leading
31. A. currently B. formerly C. recently D. likely
32. A. look B. discover C. find D. learn
33. A. news B. data C. information D. knowledge
34. A. money B. pay C. fee D. charge
35. A. live B. wait C. talk D. sleep
. Read this text about car sales in the world.
. In most of the lines 36 -40 there is one extra word which does not fit in. One or two lines, however, are Correct.
. If the Line is correct, put a tick right in the space on your Answer Sheet.
. If there is an extra word in the line, write that word in the space on your Answer Sheet.
While new car sales in Japan are predicted to rise up by...up...
5 per cent next year, 1990's record of 5.1 million won't be exceeded...right...
WORLD NEW CAR SALES
36. New car sales fell down last year to a six-year low, but demand
37. is forecast to begin a sustained period of growth in 1994 and
38. rose to record levels through out the second half years of the 1990s
39. the short-term recovery is being driven chiefly by a strong rise in the demand
40. in North America ,where new car sales are forecast to increase
by 11 percent to 10. 46 million this year ,as well by the continuing
expansion of demand in the Asia-Pacific region.
21. A 22. B 23.D 24. D 25. D 26.A 27.D 28. B 29.C
30. D 31. A 32.C 33. C 34. D 35.A
39. the 是多余,应删掉.