. Read this letter to the editor of a magazine.
. In most of the lines 36-40 there is one extra word which does not fit in. One or two lines, however, are correct.
. If the line is correct ,put a tick √ in the space on your .4nswer Sheet.
. If there is an extra word in the line ,write that word in the space on your Answer Sheet.
New Mexico’s mineral industries make up for about one third of. . . for
the state’s 1.9 billion general-fund income in fiscal year 1991. . . √ . .
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Sir-you say that New Mexico has "few natural resources".
36. However ,the mineral industry in New Mexico is one of the
37. state’s most strongest economic forces. In 1991 New Mexico
38. ranked fourth one in the United States in production of natural gas.
39. Ten combined value of those oil and gas production was S 2. 8 billion dollars.
40. New Mexico came through the recent recession in much better shape than most other states.
39. dollars 是多余,应删掉.