Questions 21 -35
. Read this advertisement.
. Choose the best word to fill each gap.
. For each question 21 35 mark one letter A , B ,C ,Don your Answer Sheet.
. One answer has been given as an example.
Too much to read! It’s impossible to find time to read today’s top business books-and thousands are published each year. Yet not keeping up with those books could be a serious-and expensive mistake. Often the ideas and insights they ____ example. . . . . are available nowhere else. But how can you even____21____ which titles are worthwhile-let alone find time to read them?
Fortunately, there’s a . . . .. .22. .. . . . : Soundview Executive Book Summaries. It really____ 23.. . . . . In fact, it’s ____ 24____ to work. It is ingenious and essential. Every month, you ____ 25. . . . . two or three quick reading, time saving ____26. . . .. . of the best new business books. Each contains all the key points in the ____ 27____ book. The big difference ,instead of 200 to 500 pages ,the summary is only & pages. Instead of ____ 28____ five ,ten or more hours to read ,it takes just 15 minutes.
Of the thousands of business books ____ 29____annually, only a ____ 30____are really worth reading. To save your time, our Editorial Board goes over them all ____ 31____90%. Our standards are ____ 32____,and the criteria rigorous.
When a book meets all our tests, we prepare a Summary, instead of a review or a digest. You get a skillful distillation that preserves the content ad spirit of the ____ 33____books. The titles cover every____ 34____of concern to business people today. There’s ____ 35____else like Soundview Executive Book Summaries.
21 . A. see B. know C. ask D. answer
22. A. answer B. solution C. question D. problem
23. A. works B. costs C. sells D. buys
24. A. guarded B. granted C. guided D. guaranteed
25. A. pay B. send C. receive D. buy
26. A. titles B. summaries C. names D. prices
27. A. original B. first C. same D. another
28. A. spending B. costing C. taking D. sitting
29. A. publicized B. polished C. published D. popularized
30. A. dozen B. little C. handful D. couple
31. A. choosing B. eliminating C. writing D. publishing
32. A. high B. low C. expensive D. cheap
33. A. entire B. tired C. entering D. old
34. A. word B. subject C. sentence D. idea
35. A. something B. anything C. all D. nothing
21. B 22. B 23.A 24. D
25. C 26.B 27.A 28. C 29.C30. C
31. B 32.A 33. A 34. B 35.D